December 17, 2011
- 1 pound shelled, deveined, large cooked shrimp, diced (21-25 per pound)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced and diced red onions
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium avocado
AZ Pro Fish Pockets
Balsamic Glazed Pepper Salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets (about 5 oz each)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 min per side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey. Add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 2-3 min. For a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 3-5 additional minutes.
Serve with brown rice, salad or veggies! Enjoy!!
Grapefruit Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey, or better choice agave nectar
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Combine grapefruit juice, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey and scallions in a measuring cup. Place steak in a large ziplock and pour marinade over it and seal. Refrigerate between 8 hours and overnight.
- To cook, turn broiler on high. Place steak on broiling pan and put on top rack. Cook 7 min per side for medium rare or longer for well done. You may grill if you prefer.
August 20, 2011
- 4 4-oz boneless chicken breast
- 8 packed cups of spinach leaves
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 1/3 c. raspberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Sea salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken on countertop or outside grill (George Foreman). About 5-8min per side until white.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach and onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk oil and vinegar; add to spinach and mix well. Add raspberries and almonds. Divide among 4. You may downsize recipe to serve 1 or 2 or put in Tupperware for later meals.
Lemon Sesame Broccoli
- 2 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1” florets(4 cups)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat till golden…about 2-3 min. set aside.
- Steam broccoli in steamer bag or steamer for 2 min.
- Remove and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and sesame seeds.
Coconut Macadamia Crusted Chicken
- 4 oz macadamia nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- >4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine macadamia nuts and coconut on large plate. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with macadamia/coconut mixture.
- Place chicken on baking rack and bake for 45 min or until cooked through.
Garlic Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 10 cloves of garlic, sliced lengthwise, about ¼” thick
- 1 egg white, beaten
- ½ cup wheat germ
- SPreheat oven to 375. Place chicken on cutting board and poke the knife into the breasts, being careful not to cut all the way through. Make about 10 cuts per breast. Shove 1 slice garlic into each cut, then coat breast with egg then wheat germ.
- Put chicken breast on baking sheet or cookie sheet and cook for 45 min or until cooked through.
Love Me Tenders
July 13, 2011
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes, crushed
- 1/3 cup almonds or cashews, finely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Low-fat cooking spray
Preheat over to 400 degrees. In large ziploc bag mix Quinoa flakes, crushed almonds/cashews, paprika, and sea salt. Dip chicken strips in egg whites to coat and drop in the bag and shake until chicken is coated with quinoa. Spray your cookie sheet and place chicken tenders on cookie sheet. Heat in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
For the dressing: Mix dijon mustard and agave nectar and drizzle on top of the chicken tenders. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, remove all visible fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil , 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tbsp)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper and salt for taste
If you have a stoneware baker (like used in video) spray with Pam cooking spray. Place chicken in baker and top with olive oil and all ingredients. Microwave on high for 20 min or place in oven at 375 degrees for 40 min.
If you DO NOT have a baker:
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Set aside. Heat oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown. Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion and green pepper to skillet until tender. Drain fat and return chicken to skillet. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.